Mechanic/Technician - Field
New Braunfels, TX
Apply proper troubleshooting, diagnostic and corrective steps in the repair of parts, components and systems.
- Perform all levels of repair, and preventive maintenance, on vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Give recommendations for repairs, and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments.
- Make critical adjustments as required to various parts, components, and systems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers on their repairs.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads. Available for after-hours calls as needed.
- Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
- Create a work environment that is considerate of the customer’s needs.
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Positive customer service.
- Excellent mechanical knowledge including electrical and hydraulics.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic software, cranes and rigging equipment.
- Knowledge of use of various heavy equipment including, Caterpillar. Ability to read prints.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years' experience in Heavy Equipment Field Service.
- Excellent Driving Record.
- Tools to perform listed tasks.
- MSHA Miner Safety Training Certification, or ability to complete training and provided the certification within the first 90 days of employment.